Here is a short step-by-step New Moon Wishing guide that I used:
1. Find some time and space to sit down with a pen and a piece of paper. Make sure you feel good in the space that you're in. You can listen to some nice music (I really like Trevor Hall), light up a few candles, whatever you want.
2. Take a moment to feel gratitude for all that's good in your life. Write down 5-10 people, things, or situations for which you've been grateful in the past month. Think of each of these people and send them positive thoughts. Expressing gratitude for what we have puts us immediately in a positive mood.
3. Now decide on ten wishes or intentions for the upcoming month. Doodle, draw, or just write them down. Be as specific or vague as you like. Decide what you can commit to doing, to make your wishes come true.
4. Close your eyes and visualize each wish as having come true. Imagine how you feel when your wishes come true and try to hold those feelings. Feel what it's like for your wish to come true.
5. Put your pen down, and close your eyes for a short meditation. The last step is releasing the attachment to your wishes. You can imagine them flying away with the wind, just like the dandelions.
Take as much time for the whole process as you like. When you're done, blink your eyes open and get on with the rest of the day, safe in the knowledge that you've expressed your wishes to the universe. Have fun!!